NCHC Forums bring together thought leaders, policymakers and stakeholders for timely public discussions about the future of America’s health system. The views expressed by the speakers are their own and do not reflect the positions of the National Coalition on Health Care or NCHC Action Fund.
New York Health Care Summit: Strategies for Improving the Affordability of Care and Coverage
November 2 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Please join us and an outstanding group of leading health care experts to discuss strategies for improving the affordability of health care and coverage.
We will examine the underlying causes of escalating health care costs—for employers, patients and families, and public programs—and a wide range of options for cutting costs while increasing the quality of care. Among the topics:
- how to improve the delivery, coordination, outcomes, and efficiency of care;
- how to make markets for insurance and health care services more competitive and efficient;
- how to slow the rates of increase in prescription drug prices;
- how to provide better and more efficient care to high-need, high-cost patients; and
- how to reduce the demand for care by advancing community health and decreasing and treating unhealthy behaviors.
- Sara Collins – Vice President, Health Care Coverage and Access, The Commonwealth Fund
- Bunny Ellerin – Director, Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Management Program, Columbia Business School; President, New York City Health Business Leaders
- Neil Goldfarb – Chair, National Alliance of Healthcare Purchasing Coalitions; President and CEO, Greater Philadelphia Business Coalition on Health
- Jack Lewin – Chairman, National Coalition on Health Care; Principal and Founder, Lewin and Associates, LLC; former CEO, American College of Cardiology and California Medical Association
- Joseph Minarik – Senior Vice President and Director of Research, Committee for Economic Development; former Chief Economist, White House Office of Management and Budget
- Kavita Patel – Senior Fellow, Brookings Institution Center for Health Policy; practicing primary care internist, Johns Hopkins Medicine
- John Rother – President and CEO, National Coalition on Health Care
*Additional speakers to be announced.
Space is limited for this event. Please reserve your place today. We hope to see you on the 2nd.
We encourage you to share this invitation with your colleagues and with other health care decision-makers and stakeholders who could benefit from and add to this important dialogue.
Registration will begin at 8:30 am. A light breakfast will be provided.
The National Coalition on Health Care (NCHC) is the largest national alliance of organizations working to improve the health care system and the affordability of care and coverage.
This event is made possible by a generous grant from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation.
If you are interested in seeing information about events held prior to 2017 please click here to access the event archives.